The History of the PracticeThe practice is purely private and was founded by Dr Herbert Beetham at 64 Harehills Road in 1898.Dr Beetham had three sons who all qualified as doctors and Robin expanded the practice by opening at 2 Upland Road on 1st June 1932.In 1948 when the Health Service started, Dr Robin decided not to join and continued a purely private practice at Upland Road. His two daughters were ballet dancers and Beryl married Dr Alec Whitmore who, after completing his military service as medical officer, joined his father-in-law at Upland Road.Dr Beetham retired and Dr Whitmore continued the practice and joined in partnership in 1979 with Dr Michael Gould until his own retirement in March 2000.Dr Al-Timman joined Dr Gould following Dr Whitmore's retirement and continues in partnership, upholding the principles of the practice, namely modern family medicine with old-fashioned ideals.
Old Fashioned Service in a Modern Setting
Our DoctorsOur Doctors are experienced and diligent professionals committed to helping you achieve better health and a sense of wellbeing. Our philosophy is to provide first class all round private medical care through our detailed and flexible approach.